If you live out of town and would like to have treatment at one of our Dallas Fort Worth fertility centers please do the following:
1. The initial consultation can be conducted by telephone. This initial conversation can determine how we can help you based on the available information. Please have your records from your OBG or previous fertility specialist mailed or faxed to us in advance. The telephone consultation can be conducted after hours or on Saturdays.
2. If you decide to pursue treatment with us you will to come to Irving for a comprehensive evaluation. In this visit you will have a chance to meet our physicians and nurses. You will undergo a physical exam and have a pelvic ultrasound to assess your ovaries and uterus. You will also have a trial transfer and an evaluation of the uterine cavity (via sonohysterogram or hysteroscopy) if indicated. Injection teaching will also be conducted. You will have the opportunity to ask any remaining questions you have about the IVF process. If possible please come during the first 10 days of your cycle.
3. After the evaluation we will produce an IVF protocol specifically tailored to you using the data gathered. We will email or fax you the protocol. Our nurses will go over the protocol with you over the telephone to answer any question you may have.
4. We will help you order the cycle medications and arrange for them to be shipped to your address. If you have any questions regarding the use of the medications we can help you via telephone. Our website also has a link that shows videos on how to use these medications.
5. Prior to starting the stimulation medications you will need to have a baseline sonogram and an estradiol level attained through a blood draw. We can arrange with your OBG to have these tests done locally. Once you start the medications you continue to be monitored locally until 5-6 days before egg retrieval. A typical monitoring schedule is as follows:
- A baseline sonogram and estradiol on Wednesday (done locally, result faxed to us)
- Start ovarian stimulation on Saturday (as instructed by us)
- Follow up sonogram and estradiol on Thursday (done locally, results faxed to us)
- Travel to Irving
- Follow up sonogram in Irving on Saturday, Monday, Tuesday
- Egg retrieval on Thursday (day 0)
- Embryo transfer 3-5 days after transfer. You can return home the next day.
- Pregnancy test 10-12 days after transfer (done locally, result faxed to us).
6. Most couples stay in the Dallas Fort Worth area for 8-10 days.
You can save significant time by completing the forms below online, printing and mailing them to us before your first appointment. In order to read these forms you must have installed on your computer Adobe’s Acrobat Reader, which can be downloaded via the link below.
New Patient Medical Questionnaire
Welcome to Our Practice
General Insurance Information
After Hours Policy
Receipt of Privacy Notice
Record Release to IVFMD
Record Release from IVFMD to Self
Record Release from IVFMD to Another Center
Note: These files are in PDF format. If you do not have Adobe® Reader® on your computer, you can download it for free by clicking here or on the Get Adobe Reader icon.